Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Here in Acts chapter 8, you have an Ethiopian eunuch reading the prophet Esaias ( the book of Isaiah ) and Philip, obeying the Lord goes to him and ask him if he understands it, Philip goes on to preach the Lord Jesus to him. After hearing the truth of Gods word, and understanding that Philip preached about Jesus, the eunuch wants to be baptized as a believer. After asking Philip an all too important question, what does he need to do to be baptized? Philip tells him he must simply believe on the Lord Jesus, the eunuch then confesses with his mouth the Lord Jesus, he believes in his heart ( Romans 10:9 ) and thus is saved and now able to be baptized.
The bible says that salvation is simple ( 2 Corinthians 11:3 ). So don't let anyone complicate it for you. Would you like to be saved ? It's simple:
1) Understand that you are a sinner: As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
( Romans 3:10 )
... for there is no difference. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
( Romans 3:23 )
2) Realize you can NOT save yourself: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, ...( Titus 3:5 )
3) Believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for your sins: ... Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(Revelation 1:5 )
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
4) Believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead: Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ. ( Acts 17:3 )
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. ( Romans 8:34 )
5) Simply, by faith, receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: ( John 1:12 )
Friend, I can not tell you what to pray or how to pray it, I can only tell you that God wants you to be saved ( 1 Timothy 2:3-4, 2 Peter 3:9 ). So all you need to do is pray. Just tell God that you know your a sinner heading to hell, tell Him that you do believe that Jesus died in your place and is risen again. Just ask Him to save you. Use your own words, and if you seek Him with a believing heart, He will save you. ( Luke 11:9 ).
If you have any questions that we might be able to show you where in the bible the answer is, please let us know, or maybe you have just been saved and want to share that blessed news with us so we may rejoice with you. You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
~1 Corinthians 3:6
King James Holy Bible
Forged by God in 1611
The Sword of the Spirit